Family - God's teaching tool

I love family.  There is just nothing like it.  I believe God created family to teach us so many things about life in general.  I mean, think about it!  There is really no better way to learn diplomacy than from fighting with your siblings or trying to convince your parents about anything! 

I had a conversation with a couple of teen girls from our youth group some weeks ago about this very thing.  I was explaining how much one can learn about motherhood from family.  They were complaining about household responsibilities and how "unfair" it was!  I calmly explained that being an adult means doing not only those responsibilities but also everything else!

Lilly turned a month old today - a month of enjoying my sweet baby girl, but also a month of hard work!  Bed rest is sometimes more stressful and requires more mental work than being up and going.  I've had to be the manager of all things - keeping the peace at times, then kicking butt to motivate at others.  I used the down time to read a couple books I've been saving up and to make a new household schedule for the family. 

My blessed hubby is so sweet.  He has had such a busy schedule since the baby's been born.  He's working a full time job as a Certified Nurse's Assistant at a local nursing home, doing courses through a bible college, he's a youth pastor, a dad, and a husband! What a trooper - with me on bedrest he's also had to be mom and housekeeper.  I knew that he couldn't keep that up forever, so I came up with a pretty good schedule (if I do say so myself).

I don't think any mom can keep her cool or run even a remotely efficient home without some kind of schedule.  When I was a kid, my mom made out a "To Do" list for each of us kids.  When the "To Do's" had been done, we could do whatever we pleased (within reason, lol).  It taught us responsibility, hard work, and self sufficiency.  I think we started our "To Do" lists by the time we were 4 or 5 years old.  Never too early to learn!!

2 comments:

  1. So refreshing to hear of a hubby that is involved with ALL parts of the family and runing of a household!
    I SO agree about the to do list! I am a visual person and when I SEE what I have to do and know there is an end in sight I am SO MUCH MORE motivated to get the job done! Why wouldn't my kids be the same?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to follow along with you! Maybe this will work better than our journal? NOT! We just have to keep with it!

    ReplyDelete

I love visiting other's blogs & don't mind them being placed here in the comments, only please be courteous and post a link back to my blog onto your blog. Thanks!!

**Please note that any lewd or disgruntled comments will not be tolerated**

This morning at our house

I am a morning person.  I know, I know.....I'm an endangered species - rare, but beautiful (if I do say so myself, hehe).  I love mornin...