Give your breakfast a cookie?

Well, Mom has finally found the time to put her two cents in on this family and learning and passing stuff down. I realized after breakfast this morning that Rachael is so scattered in what she does due to following SO closely after her mother's example!
Do you remember the childrens book, If you give a Mouse a Cookie? Well I decided that I gave breakfast a cookie and then my day a cookie. You ask, "What do you mean Lenora?" Well it went something a little like this . . . I went to make a cup of hot tea to start my day. I started the coffee pot with water and saw the oranges we need to use up. So, I decided to cut up about 6 oranges to go with our big Tuesaday morning breakfast. After cutting those up, I remembered the tea and put a bag in my cup of hot water. That is when I decided to start making the pancake batter. I got out the bowl and my NEW Church Cookbook. Oh, but I remembered the tea and went to take a drink and it was too hot, so I went for a piece of ice. I remembered while I was there that I wanted to fix bacon from the freezer to go with our big breakfast. After getting out the bacon, I needed to find the gridle to cook all this on. Oh Yes, it is under the washer in it's box. When I got there, I saw the laundry needed changing and a new load started. What about that cup of tea??? It is probably cool enough now to drink. When I got the bacon started, I saw the bowl and the cookbook and again started the pancakes. I needed eggs to finish the batter and had none in the fridge. So I had to go out to the garage fridge to get some. As I passed the laundry, I noticed they were ready for another change from washer to dryer. I got the eggs, finished the pancake batter, and relized my tea was now too cold to drink so, I put it in the microwave to warm it up. And again it was to hot to drink.
I said all that to say I CAN BE VERY distracted with the cares of the day! I sure am glad my kids came down to breakfast and pitched in to finish it and had our Tuesday family devotions with breakfast! We also spent some time talking about being to distracted and that it KEEPS US from feeling complete! I did finaly get that WARM cup of tea, BUT I realized many times throughout my day how much I GIVE THE HOUSE A CLEANING! Just like the cookie and mouse story, it does finally get around to the beginning again but it is a long drawn out process if I do it with distractions and a lack of focus! How many times do I MISS GOD's best for me due to this same process in the other areas of my life? WOW, this is definately something I want to chnge in 2012!! I think I might....NO! I CAN do it with Holy Spirit reminding me, "Do you want a cookie Lenora?" This is compounded by the fact I'm on a fast and can't even have a cookie!! That really makes you smile and say "NO, GOD I WANT YOU and your way!!"

1 comment:

  1. I just read this post today! Oh how true this is!! Miss you girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete

I love visiting other's blogs & don't mind them being placed here in the comments, only please be courteous and post a link back to my blog onto your blog. Thanks!!

**Please note that any lewd or disgruntled comments will not be tolerated**

This morning at our house

I am a morning person.  I know, I know.....I'm an endangered species - rare, but beautiful (if I do say so myself, hehe).  I love mornin...