Daddy's Delight

Since we started our Real Food journey in January, I believe the family member who has had the most difficult time is my husband.  He is just a lover of "crap-food" (as we so lovingly call it now, hehe).  Since we have been married, his favorite food has been Hamburger Helper.  I could make a beautiful dinner from scratch that would take me all day to prepare, and it wouldn't get half the praise that plain-ol' Hamburger Helper would.  One would think he were complementing Albert Einstein on his atomic bomb or something....goodness.


I knew that for the sake of my ever loving hubby, I needed to find a Real Food solution.  In came "Daddy Delight" to the rescue.  The true name to this delectable dish is "Dad's Cheeseburger Helper" but the former is what it has become known to us as.  The first time I made this dish, Scott commented that he thought it was better than the boxed kind!!  My thought was, "Duh!!" but I kept it to myself and merely stated, "Why...thank you, honey!"  The best part was, it was practically the same amount of time to prepare as the boxed stuff.  This made my life SO much easier that we have now made this part of our weekly meal plan.
The brand in the picture above is the usual one I buy for the Delight we make.  I don't know how to make homemade sauce yet (soon to come, I'm sure) so this is the next best thing.  I used Velveeta the first time I made it - kinda as bait to d-r-a-w my hubby in, haha.  I now use better stuff.

My heartfelt appreciation to my friends over at Keeper of the Home (and specifically Katie Kimball) for this husband-saving recipe!

For those of you who are curious, here is the link:  "Daddy Delight"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love visiting other's blogs & don't mind them being placed here in the comments, only please be courteous and post a link back to my blog onto your blog. Thanks!!

**Please note that any lewd or disgruntled comments will not be tolerated**

This morning at our house

I am a morning person.  I know, I know.....I'm an endangered species - rare, but beautiful (if I do say so myself, hehe).  I love mornin...